Thursday, August 11, 2011

Two handmade jewelry gifts I cherish with all my heart!

I cherish all gifts given to me, but here I will talk of two handmade jewelry pieces I got from two friends who are very special to me. They are both amazingly creative jewelry artists. Both make totally unique pieces...that are their very own style. And they both are huge inspirations to me.

1) AMETHYST PENDANT
Last year....in 2010, Shay made, what in my opinion was her VERY best piece until then. I really loved it, but knew I could not afford it. And guess what Shay did? She sent it to me as my birthday gift. I was speechless. Her work is so different from most, and yet her style is very her. I can recognize her work anywhere! I will not speak more about what she made...let her piece speak for herself. It a lovely silver and Amethyst pendant. She hasn't made jewelry for the longest time due to pain in her hands. But now her hands are getting better, and we will soon see beautiful pieces being created by her once again. And here are her links:

http://www.ShayStone.blogspot.com
http://www.AllThatIAm.etsy.com
https://www.facebook.com/ShaysBook


2) LEAFY BROOCH
This year I was blessed again with another beautiful gift! This was from Mary. I often just go to her blog when I am feeling sad, low, uninspired, or plain and simple just to drool over eye-candy. She is very dedicated to the wire arts, and is always challenging herself to make something different, better. I love everything she makes, especially the vessels! Various shapes, sizes of vessels made entirely of wire weaving. You have just got to see her work! And I often wondered what should I buy from her, because I always wanted to own one of her pieces. I had never said this to her, but one day she just emailed me and asked me if she could send me a piece she made!! I was once again left speechless! Here is the piece she sent me...one I had looked at for many consecutive days, marvelling at the simplicity, elegance, beauty and craftsmanship...a leaf brooch. And here are her links:

http://www.theangstyartist.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wired-Elements/127714920578975?ref=ts
http://www.etsy.com/shop/wiredelements


If you aren't already familiar with the work of these two jewelry artists, I will suggest you head off to their blogs as soon as you get the chance! :-)))

8 comments:

Mary said...

Swati, I'm grateful for your friendship. You have been such an encouragement to me since the very early years and have been a light to me during the darker times.

I was amazed at Shay's pendant, I have never seen that particular design of hers. What a treasure you have!!

Shay Stone said...

Swati! You are too sweet you know. I just adore you and am so happy that you love your pendant! I'm all embarrassed now. I love that we met through out mutual love of each others work :) Thanks so much for all the kind words. Much love to you! And BIG hugs!!

Swati said...

Love you both! And so grateful to have you in my life! ((((hugs))))

Chris said...

How fun! I'm glad you showed these pieces~~you are so kind that you deserve every lovely gift~

Swati said...

What a sweet thing to say Chris! (((hugs))) Thanks! <3

Nancy said...

What a lucky lady you are! (And I agree that you deserve it.) I admire Mary's work and Shay's work and would be thrilled to own either of these pieces.

Shay Stone said...

Thanks for the kind words Mary. You know I love your amazing creations! Love love love them!

Aethereal Minx said...

wow! You are a very lucky lady to have been gifted such beautiful pieces by two very talented ladies. They are both gorgeous, and you deserve it

Post a Comment