Thursday, April 5, 2012

YOJ Week 15: Nicole Hanna tutorial pendant



Nicole Hanna (http://nicolehannajewelry.blogspot.com/) wrote a lovely tutorial on earrings, and I decided to make a pendant from it. Of course, if I had stuck to the instructions, it would have been a better piece, but I wanted to get adventurous :-P. Here is the tutorial I used: http://www.etsy.com/listing/93410770/twisted-tear-drop-tutorial-advanced. Her tutorials are very well written...in fact the pictures themselves explain the process well.

The wire is copper but bronze colored and then antiqued and enamelled. I have used two lovely almost perfect spherical fresh water pearls on the pendant, and fresh water rice pearls on the bronze chain. It has a lobster claw clasp. The chain is 18 inches long.

3 comments:

KJ said...

It turned out beautifully. I love Nicole Hanna's work. I have one of her tutorials that I am waiting to tackle, but you are right they are well done, even for a beginner like me.

Nicole Hanna said...

Yours looks WAY better than mine! lol. I absolutely love it. And I love that you stepped away from the specific steps of the tutorial and had fun with it... which is what I always intend when I write my instruction. This is just perfect.

Mary said...

It has excellent symmetry and flow. The deep wire color mixed with the pearls really pops!

Post a Comment