Sunday, December 14, 2008

Prayer Box Pendant






This is a special pendant, made especially for me. :-) If you want something similar, let me know, and you and I can make one especially for you! :-).

This is made with sterling silver sheet. I have etched the inside of the box with a sacred Indian symbol called the "Sri Yantra". It is a symbol of manifestation, healings, and Divine blessings. The lid of the box has 7 petals sawed into it. I have hand made the prong basket, and set a 36 carat lemon yellow Topaz in it. Topaz is said to be a very powerful stone in aiding manifestation, healing, abundance and it is also said to bring much joy to the wearer. I have bezel set 7 small Lapis Lazuli cabochons around the Topaz.

The way I will use it is, I will write down my prayers for anyone in a small piece of paper, and will put it in inside my pendant. The length of the chain makes the pendant hang right at my heart. This way, anyone I pray for, will always be within the healing energies of the heart center.

The chain is a single viking knit, made in 24 gauge sterling silver wire.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning! how many days did you toil on this? The prong setting looks neat! Why are you taking claases? You have to give jewellry making making classes.
love
sa

Swati said...

LOL! Don't even ask how many days it took, or how many tears. LOLOLOL!!

Unknown said...

I was going say 'Absolutely Stunning!' too!

Holy Cow! WOWEEEE! AMAZING! GORGEOUS!

Ooooo...I just love it Swati! Can you tell? I'll bet yours is the most gorgeous project in the class!

Copperheart said...

Wow! this is a beautiful piece! I love the contrasting colors of the stones.

Swati said...

Thank you Dana and CopperHeart! :-)

Unknown said...

So what grade did you get in your class Swati?

Swati said...

Not yet...will get the grades in January :-).

Penny said...

Oh My Goodness, Swati, look at you, this is the most lovely pendant, when I saw it my jaw dropped!!!! I absolutely love it!!!

Swati said...

Thank you Penny! :-)

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

WOW! The box is gorgeous!
And Happy New Year to you, too!

josephkam said...

Happy New Year!! Did you enjoy your trip?

Swati said...

Thank you Tammy! :-) Wishing you a wonderful, creative new year! So good to see you here! :-))

Mr. Doofs, finally you wrote in my blog! :-) Happy New Year to you too. Rajesh, Deepa and we will be meeting at Ruchi's place for ringing in the new year, and we will most probably wake you up by calling you at midnight. So you might as well stay awake. :-D

Post a Comment