Friday, April 10, 2009

Stamped and domed personalized earrings

You can place your order here, and let me know the words you want stamped on your copper earrings in the "notes to seller" section.

Copper Earrings: $23 + $4 s&h




You can place your order here, and let me know the words you want stamped on your sterling silver earrings in the "notes to seller" section.

Sterling Silver Earrings: $38 + $4 s&h



My new love -- Copper! I never used to pay much attention to copper, so in love with silver I was. I always used it as practice metal. Sheet or wire. But recently I have been paying attention to copper jewelry made by a few other jewelry artists, and I just loved the look of copper in their work. Today to play more with my new Kismet stamps, and to use my disc cutting tool, I again pulled out a copper sheet....yeah...once more to use as "practice metal". Punched out a few discs, stamped some words on them...then felt like doming them....then felt like making earrings out of them, and I did just that...went ahead and polished them too....and what do you know? I have a new love in my life! COPPER! I just LOVE how pretty its color is. I am in no hurry to antique it. Right now I am in love with its pretty color. It looks pinkish. I could not do justice to it in the photographs, but here they are!

And then I went ahead and made a pair in silver too. However, this is the first time I like my copper ones better than the silver ones.

I stamped these words inspired by a wonderful jewelry artist: Chris Kerr. She often stamps her jewelry with beautiful words. And just by looking at those words in her jewelry I feel really good. So inspired by her work, I stamped words like Love, Faith, Joy, Peace.

These earrings make great personalized gifts because the words you choose are meaningful and special to you or the person these earrings are for.

9 comments:

tamdoll said...

I love how you made these earrings. Glad you left a comment at my blog & now I can follow your work, too! It's so nice.

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

I love them! Your stamping looks so perfect. The kizmet stamps really help me get a staight line.
I love copper, too. It has such a warm, earthy glow, and I even like the color when it ages!
I'm on the waiting list for the uppercase Kizmet stamps, too!

Ginga Squid said...

Cool Swati - I've found your Blog! I love these earrings. I got a stamping set from that last bulk buy on Janice's forum - but I have found that I am stuck for words. I want to stamp - but don't know what words to do!
Your font is fab - I'm off to look at more of your blog now!

Shay Stone said...

They're awesome!!

Swati said...

Thank you Tamdoll! I really like your blog too :-)

Tammy, I can't wait to get my uppercase Kismet stamps. :-)) And yes, in my new found love for copper, I have to say, I love its earthy glow too.

Vicky! I am so glad you found my blog! What font did you buy at the bulk buy? Stamp "Ginga Squid" for your tags and show us :-). Would love to see the font!

Thank you Shay, always, for all your encouragement!

Unknown said...

Oooooo....I LOVE them too! You know me and 'power' words! Can we make some when I'm out in Cali in August?
*makes puppy dog eyes*

Swati said...

Absolutely Dana! :-)))

gypsy moon designs said...

As soon as I have more room I want to learn how to work in metal fabrication. I love the earthiness of copper.

Glad to start following your blog!

Swati said...

Gypsy Moon, thank you for following my blog :-))). And you will really enjoy metalwork!

Post a Comment