Yep, I was lucky enough to be given this award again :-D. Janice gave me this award because I stalk her on her blog, and go there everyday religiously trying to convince her that she should have a 1-person giveaway draw :-D where she writes only my name on a piece of paper, puts it in her tumbler, shakes it around, and then pick my name out and announces, "SURPRISE! Swati you won the giveaway from ALLLLL the 1 people!!! You get this beautiful ring I made!!!!". If you want to see the ring, see http://doxallodesigns.blogspot.com/2009/03/tft-and-other-stuff.html Yeah! That one! Or as my little one would say, "Thaaaa one!".
Janice has her blog at: http://doxallodesigns.blogspot.com/. She has been my inspiration from the time I first started making jewelry a couple of years or more back. I met her at Connie Fox's online forum. I had just started out with making wire jewelry, and was going to start some metalsmithing classes. She had posted this picture of a pendant she had made. A silver pendant, with a stone bezel set in it, and some wire squiggly soldered on. I was soooooo amazed at that pendant (and that was really a simple pendant compared to what she does now!), I had asked her on the forum if I would also be able to make jewelry like her one day if I took metalsmithing classes. She had very kindly replied, "Of course, and you will make things even better!". I saw the link to her online jewelry forum in her signature, and followed her to her forum. Been drooling over her pieces ever since, and been picking her brains ever since about various metalsmithing questions :-). And she has patiently answered every question. She is a LOVELY person!
I would invite you all to join her forum...its a really fun set of people there! :-).
Now its my turn, and here is what one needs to do:
The award goes like this...to any of my blogging friends out there, who take the time to leave a comment, a word of encouragement, or a compliment on something that I created and shared. The rules are:
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Put links to their blogs.
5. Leave a message for your nominees.
Five people I nominate:
1. Sapna Ramakrishnan: She is the one who always leaves comments for me, and encourages me. But she doesn't have a blog. Why? I have no clue. She is an AMAZING writer! She can twist words around her little finger (in a good and funny way). And I have begged and pleaded with her to write....write anything. Even threatened to kill her with meningitits, lions that escape from zoos, but so far no effect.
3. Natasha, my 11 year old. She is always there with nice words for my work, and loves to make jewelry with me.
4. Dana Raphael: My loooooooooooong time online friend. We have never met in person, but I can easily say she is one of my bestest buddies :-). She has bought a lot of jewelry from me, and always makes me feel like I am an amazing artist!
5. And last but not the least....the one who gave me this award last time: Tammy of Tammy's Treasure Chest! I couldn't turn around and give her the same award she gave me, so now I get to give it to her. She is one of the SWEETEST people I have known. And she will go out of her way to help anyone!