Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Carnelian, Garnet, Pearls, Citrine, Sterling silver necklace




Note: To see enlarged photos, click on the pictures.

I had started this necklace long back. Months back. Then I stopped mid way. I had some health issues at first because of which I couldn't do any jewelry work. And after that followed a long "blah" period when I felt totally uninspired, and didn't want to do anything. I thought I wouldn't make jewelry ever again. But the last Emerald piece..the story...everything brought the passion back, and I completed this too.

The main stone in the pendant is a delicious Carnelian. The two small yellow beads under it are top class Citrines. And the briolette hanging underneath is a beautiful Garnet. The stones have been brought together as a pendant by means of weaving and sculpting sterling silver wires.

I have made the chain with sterling silver wire and fresh water pearls. The clasp is hand made too. There is a chain extension added to the chain, so that the necklace can be between 16" and 20".

To gauge the approximate size of the pendant and the stones, see the picture of the pendant on my hand.

4 comments:

jessememan said...

Beautiful, Swati...nice to see you back :)

Swati said...

Thank you Melissa! It feels good to be back! And I hope I stay. LOL!

Shay Stone said...

This is so beautiful Swati!! And yipee to more jewelry!!!! I just love seeing you back to work and enjoying it:) Wonderful! :D

Swati said...

Thank you Shay!! :-)))

Post a Comment