Wednesday, March 18, 2009
These Bio-Lemon briolettes are simply GORGEOUS! I am unable to photograph them well. But they are really really LOVELY! The colors of those drops is a beautiful golden brown...kind of hard to describe. They are beautifully translucent, with awesome deeper brown line patterns inside. But in the photograph they're looking like dark brown opaque blobs! LOL! I will have to try and photograph them better. The wire is fine silver and sterling silver. The set is embellished with a sprinkle of fresh water pearls. The knot on the top of the pendant is called a "Danish Knot". Love this knot! :-) To see more detail, click on the pictures to see them enlarged.
These earrings are designed by my 11 year old daughter. She made the ones on the left, without the pearls. They are made with craft wire. I tried to copy her (in sterling silver and pearls), but the shape of mine didn't turn out as good as hers! Booohoooo!! But I am very very proud of her, that she could come up with some design herself, and made the shape and showed it to me. No help from me till there! I just showed her how to weave. I didn't try to teach her the weaving...I had a migraine...so I told her I'll weave one, you watch, and if you can follow it, do it....or else, I'm sorry, I'm in no mood to teach right now. Well, she saw me do it, and did it exactly like that in the other earring! Did I say I am proud of her? :-) Click on the picture to see it bigger.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
These are made with fine silver wire, sterling silver wire, Sapphire beads and Blue-Grey Quartz briollettes.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Yep, I was lucky enough to be given this award again :-D. Janice gave me this award because I stalk her on her blog, and go there everyday religiously trying to convince her that she should have a 1-person giveaway draw :-D where she writes only my name on a piece of paper, puts it in her tumbler, shakes it around, and then pick my name out and announces, "SURPRISE! Swati you won the giveaway from ALLLLL the 1 people!!! You get this beautiful ring I made!!!!". If you want to see the ring, see http://doxallodesigns.blogspot.com/2009/03/tft-and-other-stuff.html Yeah! That one! Or as my little one would say, "Thaaaa one!".
Janice has her blog at: http://doxallodesigns.blogspot.com/. She has been my inspiration from the time I first started making jewelry a couple of years or more back. I met her at Connie Fox's online forum. I had just started out with making wire jewelry, and was going to start some metalsmithing classes. She had posted this picture of a pendant she had made. A silver pendant, with a stone bezel set in it, and some wire squiggly soldered on. I was soooooo amazed at that pendant (and that was really a simple pendant compared to what she does now!), I had asked her on the forum if I would also be able to make jewelry like her one day if I took metalsmithing classes. She had very kindly replied, "Of course, and you will make things even better!". I saw the link to her online jewelry forum in her signature, and followed her to her forum. Been drooling over her pieces ever since, and been picking her brains ever since about various metalsmithing questions :-). And she has patiently answered every question. She is a LOVELY person!
I would invite you all to join her forum...its a really fun set of people there! :-).
Now its my turn, and here is what one needs to do:
The award goes like this...to any of my blogging friends out there, who take the time to leave a comment, a word of encouragement, or a compliment on something that I created and shared. The rules are:
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Put links to their blogs.
5. Leave a message for your nominees.
Five people I nominate:
1. Sapna Ramakrishnan: She is the one who always leaves comments for me, and encourages me. But she doesn't have a blog. Why? I have no clue. She is an AMAZING writer! She can twist words around her little finger (in a good and funny way). And I have begged and pleaded with her to write....write anything. Even threatened to kill her with meningitits, lions that escape from zoos, but so far no effect.
3. Natasha, my 11 year old. She is always there with nice words for my work, and loves to make jewelry with me.
4. Dana Raphael: My loooooooooooong time online friend. We have never met in person, but I can easily say she is one of my bestest buddies :-). She has bought a lot of jewelry from me, and always makes me feel like I am an amazing artist!
5. And last but not the least....the one who gave me this award last time: Tammy of Tammy's Treasure Chest! I couldn't turn around and give her the same award she gave me, so now I get to give it to her. She is one of the SWEETEST people I have known. And she will go out of her way to help anyone!